Re: MGB vs. TR7 as son's first car( Now in defense of RBBMGs

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Customer" <pbailey@qnet.com>
Subject: Re: MGB vs. TR7 as son's first car( Now in defense of RBBMGs
From: "JedPiper" <JedPiper@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 08:53:32 -0600
Pat -

Very nicley stated.

Some members of this list seem to suffer from a condition often refered to
as "amateur expert" syndrome.   This occurs when one's theoretical
application of an idea attempts to supplant another's practical experience.
 It would be interesting to know how many listers who malign the TR7 and
rubber bumper B (RBB) have actually owned either.  Further, given that
there is bound to be a least one member of this list who is a disgruntled,
former TR7 or RBB owner, wouldn't it be helpful if that individual provided
the rest of us with a few specific, technical, reasons as to why a TR7 or
RBB should not be considered?

Personally, I'd recommend a 1976 B to anyone looking for an MG, but this is
only because I have one sitting in my garage.  My car looks great, runs
great, has no rust and has cost me about $1500.00 to maintain over the last
5 years.

Thanks,

Jed Piper
Cibolo, TX