Re: Inane thread (was) Re: Chrome vs. Rubber

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Inane thread (was) Re: Chrome vs. Rubber
From: Mike Hartwig <mhartwig@cbu.edu>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 1998 15:38:33 -0600
At 11:57 AM 1/1/98 -0500, Benjamin Ruset wrote:
>I invite anyone from either side of the debate to really question whether
>or not this is worth arguing over. Trying to change one's opinion on a car
>by throwing statistics (Chrome has higher resale value, better handling,
>etc - Rubber has the Rover engine bay, yadda yadda) really won't work. If
>someone is set in their ways, let them be.

Yeah, but what would life be if no one had an opinion. I think it is good
for this list
to engage in topics pertinent to MGs.  Albeit, this particular topics isn't
of too much interest
for those with MGAs, and Ts, but hey, all these autos were made by the same
team.

>There's much better things to
>discuss than the endless chrome vs. rubber thing.

Oh, let's start up a Jap luxury car vs German luxury car debate, or ohhh,
lets discuss how the
8-track deck is in so many ways better than the CD.  Who gives a rats ass
about such things, and
I'd much rather see a debate about MGs in this list.
As far as clouding the minds of the new list members, it really isn't too
bad. The more they
read the more they will realize I'm a babbling
fool at times.  Sometimes I'm right and sometimes I'm wrong.  Most people
yap at me when I put a
select few words into my posts which are mostly rhetorical or sarcastic,
and it keeps me going.
I would hope that most new listmembers would realize this is merely an
argument of preferences, not
set-in-stone facts.
Oh, boy, I'm really rambling now.

>As for me, I like chrome. I also like rubber. Rubber is more practical for
>me right now. To me, a "B" is a "B"

Ya, I agree too.
Jay