RE: Supercharged LBC

To: <mowogmg@pil.net>, <madamson@compuserve.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Supercharged LBC
From: <larry.g.unger@lmco.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 11:14:27 -0500
Kai wrote:

> Something is in my mind about using Judsons with Solex carbs?  But I can't
> remember the whole story about that...

The Judson uses a Holly #1094 carb ... same as used 6-cylinder 52-53 Fords.

> And believe me, I've pretty much searched high and low for a Judson...and
> if you do find an good used one expect to pay about $1300-$1500.

Have you tried George Folchi (914-454-0074) of GBF Machine Enterprises ...
he specializes in Judson Supercharger Parts and Restoration.

Judson claimed a 50% increase in hp in their ads, but a 25% increase is a
bit more realistic.  If you fit the Judson you will need low compression pistons
... all dizzy advance in by 3000 rpm.

IMHO, you could achieve the same results by fitting a crossflow head and it
would be 'alot' more reliable.

Safety Fast! ... larry.g.unger@lmco.com
'61 MGA 1600 MkII