RE: Supercharged LBC

To: <larry.g.unger@lmco.com>, <mowogmg@pil.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Supercharged LBC
From: Chris Delling <saschris@flash.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 1998 21:19:12 -0500
Larry-

Do you have experience with the crossflow head?  A while back I was looking
at the Sportcars International (Steve Darby's) website.  He had some dyno
runs done on 3 MGB motors in varying stages of tune.  For a stock motor, it
seemed that the crossflow head resulted in a lot less power down low, and
really insignificant gains on the very high end with a stock motor.  It
wasn't until the motor was really breathed on (3/4 race cam, very high
compression ratio, and BIG carbs) that the head did much of anything, and
that was still at very high revs.  Didn't seem like a good choice for a
street car.

Any comments?

Regards,

Chris Delling