Re: Supercharged LBC

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Supercharged LBC
From: "Leigh Egbert" <leigh@eznet.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 23:43:53 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Littlesuzn <Littlesuzn@aol.com>
To: mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>; madamson@compuserve.com
<madamson@compuserve.com>
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Monday, January 05, 1998 6:18 PM

>In a message dated 98-01-05 17:38:44 EST, mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu writes:
general snippage
>The supercharger sucks the mixture, turbos blows the mixture.
>A supercharger is located after the fuel and air mix.
>A turbocharger is located before the air and fuel mix.
>A blower is another name for a supercharger.
>
>"Midget" Susan

Not entirely true, I had a Corvette with a Shelby-Spearco turbocharger unit.
In this iteration, it pulled the air through a Weber carb setup, then
compressed the mixture and sent it to the engine.  The system didn't even
use a wastegate to control boost, it counted on exhaust backpressure to
regulate the output.  Unfortunately it didn't do it very well as I still
have the turbo, but the car and the melted engine are long gone.
Regards,      Leigh
46 TC
48 TC