Re: Beautiful orange GT's

To: Jon Larsen <jon.larsen@mnplan.state.mn.us>
Subject: Re: Beautiful orange GT's
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 12:11:30 -0800
Jon Larsen wrote:

> Don,
>
> It is interesting that your wife says that it looks like baby poop. I stopped
>to talk with an MG owner, at a shoppnig center, about the color of his car. It
>wa
> "I dunno. Poop Green?"
>
>  Anybody know what 'poop' color this is?

If it's kinda an army green, I think it's a variation of BRG.  That's what my
'74 was,
originally, under other colors...

> Without an actual color chip by the name, when I look at the color lists by
>year I can't decide what it was supposed to be.
>
> Did MG in particular have a 'thing' about poopy colors back them, or did we
>all seem to lack taste in that era, when judged by the current preference in
>colors

Taste is a personal thing, I think.  I would never drive a teal blue metallic
car or a
purple that's so popular today, but that's just me.  Of course, I like gaudy
yellow on
'period' cars from the '70s.  So, go figure.  One man's poop is another worm's
dinner.

--
Michael S. Lishego
St. Andrews Presbyterian College