Re: Beautiful orange GT's

To: Rick Feibusch <rfeibusch@loop.com>
Subject: Re: Beautiful orange GT's
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 20:12:43 +0000
Rick Feibusch wrote:

> > "I dunno. Poop Green?"
> >
> >  Anybody know what 'poop' color this is?
>
> Mt wife used to drive a teal blue '73 MGB that came with Autum Leaf
> interior that looked suspiciously like orange to me. We changed it to black
> with a Moss seat kit and vinyl spray paint on the side panels and some new
> black carpeting. The Moss dash repair overlay worked well and nicely
> covered the cracked, but not totally destroyed original dash pad. We were
> quite happy with the result. Only the British and the Japanese carmakers of
> the 1970s could come up with colours like these! - Rick

It wasn't just cars, we had soft furnishings, clothes, wallpapers and
paints in the same colours.  The more outageous the colour, the shorter
the popularity.  My father-in-law had a Rose Taupe (pink mud to
you) Moggie 1000 Traveller.  Black Tulip seems to be coming round again,
several manufacturers have colours close to it.

PaulH.