RE: Going on a Beer Thread (off topic)

To: DANIEL RAY <danray@bluegrass.net>,
Subject: RE: Going on a Beer Thread (off topic)
From: Chris Nevard <spridgeteer@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 20:03:04 -0800 (PST)
All this beating the bar sounds very tutonic;-)
Why not just tarvel 300 miles North West and head for a good civilized
old English Boozer. Good beer, good company, a roaring log fire,
watching MGs (obligatory MG bit) whizzing past the window and maybe a
few pints of Wadsworth 6X or Hall & Woodhouse Tanglefoot (straight
from the barrel). If you want nail varnish there is always Whitbread
Gold Label @ 11.9% abv or Pope's Thomas Hardy Ale @ 12%abv

Yours jovially

Chris Nevard
LBC, Flat cap, tweeds, beard & belly - the other CAMRA member

------- <danray@bluegrass.net> wrote:

> Scott:
> I've never even heard of it, so I would say NO!
> They do drink some weird stuff, though. If you are ever there and go
to a bar and hear a sound like a bunch of people beating the bar with
ball peen hammers, that's a grand ritual of drinking little bottles of
ice cold cinnamon schnapps! They get a real kick out of getting
Americans drunk!
> Dan

==
Chris Nevard

"Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else"

<http://www.mgcars.org/cambs.mgoc/images2/chris.jpg>
Work <nevardc@sky4.bskyb.com> Other <spridgeteer@yahoo.com>