Re: Split Fire???

To: Jason <jason.sawyer@ibm.net>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Split Fire???
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 22:57:40 -0500
At 06:53 PM 1/20/98 -0800, Jason wrote:

>Would plugs such as the "Split Fire" line do much? They claim to increase the

>efficiency (and horsepower) by more completely burning the air/fuel mixture in

>the cylinders. Have any of you used these? Would you recommend them? They are

>about twice the price of normal plugs, but do come with some type of "money
>back

>guarantee" (I don't know the specifics.) Are these available across the pond?

jason and all, index your plugs if you so desire more power. Grab a 40,000 volt
Lucas Sport Coil or equivalent.  Make sure points and condenser are fine; gap
plugs to .050 or roughly in that neighborhood.  Drive car up the steepest hill
you can find.  If your engine misses, decrease plug gap around .005 and try
again.

Do not buy the Split-Shit plugs.  They are basically a waste of money and more
of a fad item for those who simply want more power with little thought on their
part.

This has worked marvelously for me.  And if you have any doubts as to the
validity of this claim, let me qualify my above statements by saying Barney
Gaylord advised me to do this.

Nuff said.

Jay

Jurgen Hartwig, Civil Engineering, Georgia Tech

and the world rejoiced

Try to live your life so that

when you die you will rejoice

and the world will cry.