Re: shocking question

To: "John J. Peloquin" <peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu>
Subject: Re: shocking question
From: Andy Ramm <aramm@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 15:12:59 -0800
Sorry to chime in again, but this seems an obvious time to talk again
about the Colt shock conversion I did.  So far, I'm very impressed and
they're much more controlled than lever shocks.

I am NOT a fan of lever shocks.  They're expensive, they use linkage in
the rear which is mushy, compression and rebound damping are not
independent of each other and they have no on-the-fly variable valving
like modern shocks.

Sean, if you want the plans to the Colt shock conversion for the rear of
an MGB, email me and I'll forward them to you.  Total cost is about $50,
total installation time is about an hour tops.  They work like a charm.

Andy

--

Andy Ramm
A silver face in a tweed world.

By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), Sec.227(b)(1)(C) and
Sec.227(b)(3)(C), it is unlawful to send any unsolicited advertisement
to this equipment.  A violation of the aforementioned Section is
punishable by action to recover actual monetary loss, or $500, whichever
is greater, for each violation.