Re: Clicking sound...

To: bwylie@hiwaay.net
Subject: Re: Clicking sound...
From: miker15@juno.com (michael j robson)
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 20:32:37 EST
On Thu, 22 Jan 1998 17:03:50 -0600 (CST) Blake Wylie <bwylie@hiwaay.net>
writes:
>Just today, I started noticing a clicking sound coming from the engine
>compartment....I quickly opened it up in the Wal-Mart parking lot, in
>the
>rain to see where it might be coming from.  It seemed to come from the
>general direction of the alternator (although I could be mistaken).  I
>haven't had any time to go into it yet, but I was just needing some
>info
>before I might dive in and mess something up.  ;)
>
>Anyone have any ideas?  What would need to be done if it is the
>alternator?
>Any suggestions?
>
>Just let me know, and thanks as always for putting up with my little
>problems.  :)
>
>Blake Wylie
>1970 MGB

Likely, and hopefully, the alternator has moved ever so slightly on its
mountings and something is lightly fouling the fins - if so there will
likely be little bright spots on them making it easy to trace what it is
if so - its an easy fix, if not, its something else!!!!!!!!!1

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster