RE: Re:...newer cars, mud flaps

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Re:...newer cars, mud flaps
From: "Nunez, Eduardo" <Eduardo.Nunez@eng.ped.gmeds.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 09:04:42 -0500
The '72 Celica was the first or second year of the 1st generation
Celica.  The '74 or '75 GT Liftback was the first year for the hatchback
model, which looked like a miniature Ford Mustang Mach 1.  I though that
it was one of the best looking Jap cars of the time.  I had a '77 GT
Liftback, purchased used in '79, as my first car (at least the first car
I did not have to share with my sister!).  Nice little car, easy to work
on, handled decently (after adding rear sway bar and stickier tires).  I
ran auto-X in it for 2 years, never did worse than 4th out of a field of
20 cars, including Porsche 924's.  Wish I still had one in good
condition as a beater, but they did not have the best rust resistance.
The old Toyota 20R series engines were bullet proof motors, along with
the transmissions.  I would not trade my '75 B for one though!

Just a factoid (NOT the CNN kind)...

Ed Nunez
'75 MGB (hibernating...zzzzzzzz)
'84 Fiero (undergoing cosmetic surgery)