Re: Engine and Trans For sale, Also engine Swap

To: keithw@sand.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Engine and Trans For sale, Also engine Swap
From: Mx6perform@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 14:30:22 EST

<< >I am planning on doing a very complex engine swap. I am studying
installing a
 >300ZX turbo engine and trans. I have a few connections on getting the parts

 Why?  Too heavy.  Too much turbo lag.
 If you *really* want a go fast MGB, seriously, look into a Rover V-8.
 On your rubber bumper 'B the mods necessary are trivial.  Lots of
 torque, no turbo-lag, and if you really-really wanna go faster, take
 it out to 5.0 litres.>>
I think that the 300ZX v6 would be a good bit lighter than the Rover v-8. Also
the 300 engine without the turbo has more power. It has tons of low end power
so turbo lag will not be a problem. I plan to run low boost so that you will
barely even notice when boosting or not.

 <<need so this will not be as expensive as it sounds. I will probably limit
hp
 >to 250, I can push the engine to 350hp with a few adjustments, atleast
 until I

 Is that horsepower at the flywheel or the brochure?>>
 This is power to the wheels.

Ron Powell
95 Turbo Mazda MX6
76 MGB