Re: Engine and Trans For sale, Also engine Swap

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Engine and Trans For sale, Also engine Swap
From: Mx6perform@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 16:36:51 EST

<< Still, the newer V-6 makes 222 BHP normally aspirated, 300 in the twin
 turbo mode, at the flywheel.  Lowering the boost will lose HP, and
 again, while the later turbo Nissan V-6 is an interesting powerplant,
 it is *much* easier to fit the Rover V-8.  With the Rover V-8, you
 can use off the shelf radiator hoses and motor mounts, so while you
 may have a source for parts now, with a Rover engine you'll also
 have sources for replacement parts. >>

This engine will not be stock. I will have converted it to carb. so that it
will not be to complex, and a few intake mods. Also no emissions crap. The
engine without the turbo should have 260hp. When I say low boost I mean around
9-15psi. I mean high boost as 16-22psi depending on the engine. I am not going
to go with two small turbos I like one large turbo and a engine that revs like
crazy. This is why I picked the 300zx that and that I can get the mods.,
turbocharged 4k mile engine, trans, and rear end for $1000. I can get Jap.
engines very cheaply. The engine and trans alone will only cost me about $600
dollars.

I am sure that a few MG fans will find my car in bad tast but this is what I
like to do. My Turbo Mazda MX6 was never meant to be turbochargered but with a
few mods the car is very fast. I love the MG just think that I would love it
even more with the top down and hanging the tail out on a sharp turn. Seems
almost like the car wants to.
Ron Powell