Re: Engine and Trans For sale, Also engine Swap

To: Mx6perform@aol.com
Subject: Re: Engine and Trans For sale, Also engine Swap
From: "John J. Peloquin" <peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 13:34:08 -0800 (PST)
Dear Ron,

I've got a '70 gt. I have been seriously thinking of the Rover V8
transplant for my car when I finally blow up the 1800 that is presently
in the car. However, I know it is a real booger to get the V8 into the
chrome bumper cars. Have you any thoughts with respect to upgraded
powerplants for my chome bumper car when the time comes? Have you heard of
things others have done with their cb cars?

On Fri, 6 Feb 1998
Mx6perform@aol.com wrote:

=%OIn a message dated 98-02-05 22:04:25 EST, you write:
=%O
=%O Why?  Too heavy.  Too much turbo lag.
=%O If you *really* want a go fast MGB, seriously, look into a Rover V-8.
=%O On your rubber bumper 'B the mods necessary are trivial.  Lots of
=%O torque, no turbo-lag, and if you really-really wanna go faster, take
=%O it out to 5.0 litres.>>
=%OI think that the 300ZX v6 would be a good bit lighter than the Rover v-8.
Also
=%Othe 300 engine without the turbo has more power. It has tons of low end power
=%Oso turbo lag will not be a problem. I plan to run low boost so that you will
=%Obarely even notice when boosting or not.
=%O
=%O <<need so this will not be as expensive as it sounds. I will probably limit
=%Ohp
=%O >to 250, I can push the engine to 350hp with a few adjustments, atleast
=%O until I
=%O
=%O Is that horsepower at the flywheel or the brochure?>>
=%O This is power to the wheels.
=%O
=%ORon Powell
=%O95 Turbo Mazda MX6
=%O76 MGB
=%O

"Never ascribe to Malice that which can be explained by Ignorance"

John J. Peloquin
Molecular Biology &
  Biochemistry
3205 BioSciences II