Silicone

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Silicone
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 11:20:07 EST
<<I have installed silicone fluid in four of my MGs. It works ferfectly. This
goes back 20 years. There are some tricks to set up the Master cyl. Esp. in
T types and MGAs. Contact me for further info.

Cheers;
Skip>>

A number of people had trouble with noncompatible rubbers from old seal kits
in the early days  (like swelling up and locking the brakes on), although this
may no longer be a problem if NOS kits are exhausted. In racing most people
don't like the pedal feel, and use normal fluid, although some use silicone
without apparent problem.

The theory certainly is attractive for cars that sit in storage for any period
of time.

Bill S.