Re: Off-Topic--Microsoft Bundling Practice

To: "Scott Gardner" <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Off-Topic--Microsoft Bundling Practice
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 17:59:29 -0600
I think that first off, its a combination of sour grapes (on the part of the
liberals who think Bill Gates has too much money) and a well-moneyed lobby
effort. Having just downloaded IE4, Its a lot better than the NS I was
using, but probably about the same as NS Navigator, which I haven't used.
The difference is that after market stereo companies competing with AC
Delco, in the case of GM, are more abundant and can make money selling to
those with older cars AND can offer improved performance as well, whereas
old computers really can't use new webbrowsers anyway.
The whole thing is silly in my book. Web browsers are free to everyone on
the net if they don't have them anyway. Why anyone would pay for a browser
is beyond me! IF Netscape figured out something that MS couldn't to improve
performance, then I'd go with it!
If you really want to stretch it, why don't the satellite channel operators
have the government investigate TV makers for providing coax connectors on
their TVs and not satellite dishes? Maybe that's too far a stretch...

Dan