Re: Restoring Old Seat Belts

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Restoring Old Seat Belts
From: MGMagnette@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 00:19:46 EST
Two Things:
  One, who will do it?  I think "Andover" at 410-381-6703, or Snake-Oyl
(couldn't find number, but they are in Hemmings) will do them.
  Two, about junkyards selling miles of the stuff.... In most states it it
ILLEGAL for a junkyard to sell used seatbelts or I'd assume seatbelt parts.
Most junkyard cars are there from accident damage, and seat belts are much
less effective after thier first "use".  The fibers deteriorate in an
accident, in exposure to damp and sun (like at a junkyard), and from age.  Any
junkyard that will sell you used seatbelts without cutting the webbing should
be distrusted.  God knows what they'd sell you if they risk your life by
selling you used webbing!

    John