Re: Restoring Old Seat Belts

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Restoring Old Seat Belts
From: johnhunt@ece.ogi.edu (John Hunt)
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 12:31:25 -0800
Michael:

I found that the generic lapbelt set from Moss is a suitable
source of donor belt material.  Anyhow, it worked for me
in renewing the belts in my '68 MGB.

I was able to keep the original fasteners and use the fresh
belt material.  It took a little struggling to get the folded
portion of the material through the buckles but it worked.

The old belt material was faded to gray, probably from UV
light exposure.  I doubt if it had much strength left.

John Hunt
'68 MGB