Re: Seat foam question

To: MGRagtop@aol.com
Subject: Re: Seat foam question
From: Dick Watson <dwatson@feist.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 09:41:16 -0600
I replaced the bottom foams in my 68 Midget a year ago and it wasn't a real tuff
job. On one side I tried to replace the foam by just curling back the leather
and
stuffing the new foam up  into the seat and then stretching the new diapragm
into
place. With the foam in the way, it was difficult to find the little holes to
hook
the diaphragm into and stretch it at the same time. After a few #%&*#$#$ I
finally
succeeded.

I got a little smarter on the second one and took everything apart down to the
frame and then stretched the diaphragm in place. Then I put set the foam in from
the top and re-fiitted the seat back over it and replaced the clips along the
frame. This method seemed to work a lot  better for me.

Still, a hair dryer was needed to heat the diaphragm so thst it would stretch
easier.

I think VB has  detailed intructions for this job in any issue where they're
selling their full interior kits.

Good luck.

Dick Watson
'68 & '78 Midgets