Re: oil pressure problem

To: Bill and Heather Putnam <bputnam@itis.com>
Subject: Re: oil pressure problem
From: Skip Kelsey <kelsey@value.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 07:26:22 -0800
Bill:

THere is a phenomena that occurs in these engines, in which oil pressure
does drop somewhat over about 3000 RPM. I dont know why. Normal running hot
oil pressure is 40-45 psi. I will never assemble any engine without using
plastigauge on ALL rod and main bearings. New is not always correct.
Did you rebush your rocker arms and install a new rocker shaft? This is a
major cause of low oil pressure.

Good luck: