Re: Oil types

To: Rene and Marion van Maanen <renevm@support.neth.hp.com>,
Subject: Re: Oil types
From: Skip Kelsey <kelsey@value.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 1998 09:39:32 -0800
Rene and Marion:

In my humble opinion, Pure synthetic is the only way to go. I run synthetic
oil in every car that I own. I do extended oil drains, and have no adverse
effects. I have had the oil analized to prove this. Synthetic will stand up
to heat much better than standard mineral oil. That is why all turbinetype
(jet) engines use only synthetic oils.
There are several brands on the market. I have a preference for Amsoil &
Redline products. Redlines Manual transmission oil is the best that I have
seen, while Amsoils 20/50 Series 2000 race oil is the best for all my
MGs,including the 48 MG Y, and the 52 TD.

Cheers from Calif.:

Skip..................At 08:45 AM 3/7/98 +0100, Rene and Marion van Maanen