Re: IOOOFs

To: stritle@epix.net, mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Subject: Re: IOOOFs
From: Jon Larsen <jon.larsen@mnplan.state.mn.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 09:41:42 -0600
John,

I agree with the previous comment that it is a state of mind and not a
particular age. When you can proudly claim to be an OF and not just
grudgingly admit that you might be one is when you have truly ascended
to OFdom. That, and telling everyone about how your tweed cap was sent
to you by your sister in Yorkshire, and having a tendency to launch into
long pointless stories about meeting Phil Hill on the ferry crossing the
Channel back to England, lending him your newspaper, etc, blah, blah,
blah.

I would be a card-carrying OF if we had cards to carry. Maybe we can
take our cue from the Marines for a motto: The Old. The Few. The OFs.

Jon Larsen, Past Grand

>>> John McEwen <mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca> 03/14 1:27 PM >>>
Hi Steve:

It's a state of mind usually enforced by those you love who are younger.
Anyone who owns a British roadster and a flat cap is automatically a
member
of the Order.

John

>Only being 48 myself just where does OFism begin?
>
>Steve
>52 TD

snip