Re: IOOOFs

To: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>, Steven Tritle <stritle@epix.net>
Subject: Re: IOOOFs
From: Carol <car@intersatx.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 23:14:49 -0800
Heck, I'll fess up on this one, Dave!

Last week I was cleaning up the carb bowls on Darlin'. She'd had to sit
because of a brake pad gone bad. (Don't ask!) I know you all do this sort
of thing all of the time. This was my first "real solo" -- NOBODY, even a
friend around. I took the floats out, checked things, then sopped out the
fuel that still resided in the bowls. Reassembly is reverse of assembly.

Went to fold up the new fender protector, and LO! What's this? Ooooooh! A
float!

Sort of an obvious oversight. I was embarassd and had nobody to laugh
at/with me but myself...

There! I feel much better having said that.... Confession is good for the
soul.

BTW, she fired right up as soon as I remembered to turn on the key..... I
normally turn the engine a bit to build the pressure, then turn on the key.
Got distracted AGAIN! All is well.....

Honest injun!

Carol

PS And she is a roadster. And I have a flat hat... but it's denim. Does
that count??  ;-)