Re: IOOOFs

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: IOOOFs
From: "Scott McKorkle" <bmc@aa.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 13:23:44 -0800
Oh boy...  Then I qualified when I was 17!  I was just finishing the
"restoration" of my '66 Sunbeam Alpine--the BRG paint was only a couple
months old.  Our driveway was a tight squeeze between our house and our
neighbors.  While backing up (at too high a rate of speed, I'm sure), the
passenger door flew open and accordianed into the neighbor's brick wall!  I
had to drive it to the shop with a rope holding the door at about a 45
degree angle (and about a foot shorter than it used to be).  Unfortunately,
the frame was so badly mangled, the replacement door never really lined up
again.  My only consolation when the car was stolen a couple years later
was that I wouldn't have to explain to anyone how the door got that way
ever again!  My secret was safe for twenty years, until now...

Scott McKorkle
Issaquah, WA
1978 MGB (with both doors perfectly aligned)