Re: Brake Lining Question, Perhaps A Bit Stupid.

To: bk996@freenet.carleton.ca, palte@rt.el.utwente.nl
Subject: Re: Brake Lining Question, Perhaps A Bit Stupid.
From: Wildbil923 <Wildbil923@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 09:28:31 EST
There are spray-type brake lining cleaners available.  Most any auto parts
store would carry them.  I've used them with success in the past.  If the
linings are really soaked, however, you may need to replace them.  The brake
cleaner I have is by Berryman, called, simply, "BRAKE CLEANER".  It's a highly
volatile fluid that evaporates very quickly.  When I used it last, I
alterntely sprayed and scrubbed the linings.  After a few rounds of this, I
lightly sanded the linings.  So far, there is no sign of grabbing.

Hope this helps.

Bill Wilkman
1960 MGA
1961 AH BT7