Re: Bosch Platinum Plugs

To: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Bosch Platinum Plugs
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 16:21:10 -0500
Gernot Vonhoegen wrote:

> IMHO platinum plugs are a waste of money and a sales gimmick.

  I used to think so, but I am not sure.

  I had a long battle getting my 1970 MGB to run for the first time
in a while. There was a short while where I could get it to
ALMOST run and puff some smoke but not stay running.

  It would only do this with Bosch Platinum plugs. I original
started alternating sets of plugs as I cranked it to keep
one set drying and clean. But the Champions never showed any
life, and the Bosch plugs ALMOST started the car which kept
me trying that day.

  Both plugs were essentially brand new and gapped similarily.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/