Advice for newcomer to the MGB?!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Advice for newcomer to the MGB?!
From: Brian Furgalus <lennon80@usa.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 17:27:21 -0400
I'm a 15 (soon to be 16) year old in Cleveland Ohio that is about to buy
a B.  I've done my research, but would really appreciate any advice.  I
bought Lindsay Porter's book yesterday.  Excellent buyers guide.
Anything else I should look out for?  I'm also having problems deciding
between the later rubber-bumper models (1977-1980) and the mid-aged
(1972-1974.5 chrome).  I know the chrome looks nicer, but which is more
appropriate for everyday use?  The thing attracting me to the later ones
is mainly the cost.  I have about $3500 set aside for the car, and more
for initial repairs.  Is that reasonable for a chrome in my area?
Thanks!

Cheers (as they say in Ye Olde England),
Brian Furgalus