Re: Advice for newcomer to the MGB?!

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Advice for newcomer to the MGB?!
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 18:07:50 -0500
Brian,
I just bought a '73 (chrome bumper) in January for $2500. I'm not too far
from you (ONLY 600 miles or so).
Yes, it needed the brakes redone, the head will need a rebuild soon and the
exhaust pipe is going to be replaced completely this month, but otherwise
it's a good example and very driveable now that the safety stuff is fixed.
If you like the Rubber bumpers, they're a lot more common and yes, cheaper.
But the added emissions stuff makes engine work more complicated. If you
don't have a good tool kit, hint to the fam for you're B-day, you'll need
it!
I'm in Kentucky, and Ohio has LOTS of Bs for sale, so look around, if you
can cruise down to Dayton and Columbus for a weekend, their seem to be a lot
in those areas. Medina, OH (near you?) is a mecca for LBCs for some reason.
I think there's a British Car Club up there too...another great source.
I'll send you an article I've written, not yet on a website :( (dammit, Kai,
hehe). It should answer the other questions, if any.
Reply privately and I can hopefully save you from relearning what I've
already experienced!
Dan
Ft. Knox, KY