RE: Advice for newcomer to the MGB?!

To: "'Mike Hartwig'" <mhartwig@cbu.edu>,
Subject: RE: Advice for newcomer to the MGB?!
From: Christopher Delling <saschris@flash.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 11:14:18 -0400
Rubber vs. chrome again?  For the record, the RBB motor can be put in =
order with relatively little effort, and the costs involved would be =
offset by the savings of buying a RBB vs. a CBB in comparable condition.

I replaced the low compression pistons and weak cam in my RBB with =
earlier pistons, and a Piper cam.  With a Weber DGV it moves pretty damn =
well thanks.  The Weber now has a CARB approval, so the car can be made =
smog legal (not required here in Michigan, but elsewhere it's an issue). =
 The later RBB cars, have front and rear roll bars, and with the =
suspension bushings and shocks in good condition, handling is just fine, =
especially with 70 series rubber, and you won't have to be quite as =
worried about speed bumps.

Don't get me wrong, I like the CBB's a lot, and would dearly love to =
have a 72-73 BGT to compliment my 77B, but there is nothing wrong with a =
well sorted RBB.

Regards,

Chris