Re: 5 speed vs. OD conversion

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 5 speed vs. OD conversion
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Mon, 4 May 98 21:09:33 PDT
Ben Ruset <bruset@home.com> wrote:

>Okay -- here's my dilemma:
>
>I don't want to keep my standard 4 speed. The thought of pushing my B to
>the high rev mark and leaving it there frankly scares me.

For those of you who know what it means, my tach is clocked over
such that straight up is 5500 RPM.

The best gas milage (27 mpg) I've ever had was running across southern
Arizona at about 90 MPH.

I spent a good portion of last year's Laguna Seca trip in third.
At 50-55 MPH.  Following a Boxster.  Around the corners of Highway 1
north.

Without an overdrive.

Ben, put your money in your engine.  VP-2 bearings, good head, good springs,
and don't overheat it.  You can run it at 4500 RPM all day long, for more
than a couple of years.

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                                  http://www.teamsanctuary.com/