Re: 5 speed vs. OD conversion

To: jello@ida.net, j_carlile@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: 5 speed vs. OD conversion
From: RJohn50603 <RJohn50603@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 01:40:57 EDT
In a message dated 98-05-06 00:38:33 EDT, jello@ida.net writes:

<< For the record - I drive my '67 MGB with overdrive at 80+ mph 28 miles each
 direction to work every sunny day (and I live in the desert, so that's a lot
 of days).  The noise difference is significant.  It also takes a dead stock
 version of the car up to a top speed of 105, without OD, I can only do 95 at
 this altitude.
 Phil Bates >>

Phil,

Just how often do you do 105 in that B?

By the way, I recall the OD makes the difference between 18 and 22 MPH / 1000
RPM with the correct size tires in top gear.  Had my B (w/o OD) up to about
100 MPH about seven years ago when the engine was fresher and I just had
bought a new set of wire wheels (smooth). Passed a elderly couple in a LTD who
were going about 60. I still wonder what they thought that white blurr was.

R. Johnson - Dallas