Re: SU carbs and Dizzy

To: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@iname.com>
Subject: Re: SU carbs and Dizzy
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 10:06:50 -0600
This reminds me of the time I took my pickup in to JC Prnney garage in
El Paso for a new "lifetime" battery when they were running a sale on
them.  I figgered "OK, the old battery won't hold a charge for over a
week and cold weather is coming..."  They said they were covered and I'd
have to leave it.  So, I walked home, took about half an hour.  Next
thing, I get a phone call from JCP.  They tell me my ball-joints are
shot.  I told them the truck was there for a battery, not to worry about
the ball joints.  Then they started in on how it wasn't safe to drive,
etc, etc..... "NO!", sez I.  Upshot is, when I went back to get it, they
hadn't put in the lifetime battery but wanted charge for it!  When I
pointed this out they said they were sorry, it was just a mistake.
Riiight!  So they put in the lifetime and I left, vowing never to leave
my pickup there again.  Soon after, the State's AG forced JCP to close
their auto centers.  Wonder why?

  Tell the garage to put your old carbs back on and refund your money.
They sound like a bunch of crooks.
--
  Charley Robinson
  Kerrville, TX, USA