Clutch replacement

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Clutch replacement
From: John Fredrikson <jtfred@on134th.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 07:23:09 -0500
Hi all.

Well, after leaving the "B" in storage all last summer it's time to get it back
on the road. I know I'm up to the routine jobs associated with getting it up
and running again after an extended time in storage but I do have a question.

When it was put in storage a year and a half ago, the clutch was just starting
to slip on hard acceleration. It will probably need to be replaced some time
this year. The question is weather this is a job I want to attempt myself or
would it be worth having a professional do? I have called a local shop that
gave an estimate of $650. That seems a bit high.

Can anyone give me any insight in replacing a clutch on a '72 MGB? What all is
involved? What else should be replaced when the motor is pulled? What are some
things to watch out for while doing the job?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

John Fredrikson
Minneapolis, MN
'72 MGB