Re: tail lights

To: RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu
Subject: Re: tail lights
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 08:45:27 EDT
Hi Ray,
  The way yours is hooked up is the way that MG built it.
  I agree with you about the waste, however.  My solution was to install
an additional socket in the blank space behind the reflector. WIth a
two-filament bulb in there, I now have an additional tail light and an
additional brake light, and these are less directionally focussed than
the originals. The MG way puts the light into a tight area aimed straight
back, but it's far too low for the large SUVs and pickups raging over the
roads today. My rig puts more light up, toward the drivers of those
vehicles.
Bob