Re: Clutch replacement

To: Jim Carlile <j_carlile@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Clutch replacement
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 23:24:32 -0400
Jim Carlile wrote:
> When pros do it-- well -- by necessity they set everything up right--
> including checking motor mounts and a good carb tune.

  Perhaps, but don't assume that the mechanic will do all this
or even anything minor above and beyond the job description.

  It's too bad, but I can totally understand their point. My
work involves billing my services and, while I try to do what's
best, I can't do everything I think needs to be done because
I can't bill for it, and if I did bill for it, I'd lose
business.

  Especially given that most of our cars have a myriad of little
jobs that could be done. I don't think we can reasonably expect
to take it in for a clutch job and get it back tuned and
washed and waxed. ;>

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/