RE: Emissions testing: Was " It is official!"

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Emissions testing: Was " It is official!"
From: "Miller, John" <John_Miller@jdedwards.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 07:43:56 -0600
        Now, if you live in a state where they do visual inspections, will
they
        care if
        the cat is not in the right spot?

        They may open the hood of my B and not find it there, and then just
fail me?

Colorado has visual inspection, and they looked under the car for the
catalyst when they didn't find it under the bonnet.  Many cars do have their
catalysts under the car anyway, and I don't think it matters where the
catalyst is as long as it is functioning (or at least looks like it is).
Besides, how many inspection station employees are going to know exactly
where the catalyst was originally on one of these cars?

John Miller
76 MGB