Re: Radical Change, but Wrong Car

To: bruset@home.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Radical Change, but Wrong Car
From: WSpohn4 <WSpohn4@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 16:39:11 EDT
In a message dated 5/18/98 11:20:17 AM PST,  bruset@home.com writes:

<< You may argue then that the B was a Magnette in the shape of a modified A.
 Woah
 - weird! =)

Other than the driveline, the Maggot shared little with the sports cars. It
had it's own suspension, (the only postwar MG with tube shocks all around -
and no, I don't consider the current use of the name on a Japanese inspired
econobox constitutes a real MG. MG died in 1980, or arguably earlier), and
chassis, as well as odd but interesting variations like the Manumatic.
A Maggot with disc brakes and an MGB engine is a very pleasant car. I refer to
the real Maggot, by the way, not the later badge engineered Cambridge variant.
Too bad I threw an RHD ZB away for terminal rust before I realized that they
use the same steering rack as my 65 Jensen CV8!

Bill