Replacing radiator

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Replacing radiator
From: Andrew Errington <ame@synaptics.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 09:19:20 -0700
Hi all,

I have a '71 BGT in the UK, and the radiator just blew up, so I will be
installing a new one when I am back in the UK next month.  I checked the
Haynes manual, and it states you have to take out the radiator surround
before you can remove the radiator itself, and I have looked at the MG I
have over here and it seems that it is a tight job to get the radiator out
without removing the surround.

Has anyone tried replacing the radiator without removing the surround?  In
particular I do not relish the prospect of disconnecting the oil cooler
pipes...

Andy