Re: Leakin bat'try

To: Becky Mahoney <bmahoney@home.com>
Subject: Re: Leakin bat'try
From: ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 08:13:03 -0500
Hi Becky,

  SO is probably right about the capacity, providing that you have one
of those wee (Group 26?) batteries.  Storage capacity relates to the
physical size of the plates, among other things, in the battery's
cells.  The voltage relates to the number of 2-volt cells in the battery
(6 volt has 3, 12 volt has 6).  So to get twice as many cells in the
same size case, the plates must be smaller.  However, dim lights and a
slow turning starter may be more related to resistance in the
connections of the wiring than to battery capacity.

  But look, On my `69 someone cut the sheet metal at the top in the
front of the passenger side battery mount and a group 24 battery now
resides there.  Then they enlarged the cover to match it.  I like this
idea more than going back to the two 6 volt batteries.  Another thing
you could do is put in another 12 volt battery wired in parallel to the
one you now have.  That would double the capacity.

  CR