British Car Week

To: "mgs@autox.team.net mg listserv" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: British Car Week
From: Donna Swope <dswope@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 21:32:45 -0500
As the final event for British Car Week, the Capital City MG Club of
Austin Texas, in cooperation with the Hill Country Triumph Club and the
Austin Healey Club met and drove up Congress Avenue to the Capitol, then
around past the University of Texas, out into west Austin, and ended up
at a local restaurant for beer & hamburgers.  Eleven cars participated
-- 8 MG's, 2 Triumphs and one bug-eyed Sprite.  It was a nice day -- in
spite of the haze over the city from the forest fires burning down in
Mexico -- and we got lots of attention, both at our meeting spot and
during the drive.