"Canopy" for roadsters

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: "Canopy" for roadsters
From: wisem@db.erau.edu (Mark A. Wise)
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 10:55:21 -0400
Hi all!  The other day I was browsing an MG catalog from an English company
(I can recall the name).  They were selling a "canopy" for roadsters; it's
a bit like a toneau, and then some.  Unlike a toneau, this canopy extends
out over the windshield, forming a "tent" over the interior of the car.
There are elastic cords on the four corners of the canopy that attach to
the wheels of the car, pulling it taut.  I currently have a tonneau, but
this looks like it would keep my car a bit drier during the summer
thunderstorms here in Florida.

Does anyone have one of these?  Do you like it?  My father is worried that
the straps that hold it in place might scratch the paint on the car.  Is
this true?

Like always, thanks for your advice!

- mark
  '80 B

   Mark A. Wise                                    Tel: (+1) (904) 226-7668
   Department of Human Factors                     Fax: (+1) (904) 226-7050
   Embry-Riddle University                      E-mail: wisem@db.erau.edu
   600 S. Clyde Morris Blvd.
   Daytona Beach, FL  32114 USA