Re: I need a new engine (I think)

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: I need a new engine (I think)
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 19:28:46 -0700

>OK, I know that I don't have the original engine in my 79 B. I know
>because the motor mounts have spacers installed to put the engine at the
>correct height. How can I tell what engine it is? (the plate is missing)
>
>Also, where should I look for a proper engine? I live in Southern
>Arizona, and I don't make a whole lot of money. I really want the engine
>that the car is supposed to have, or at least one that is like it.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Jason

Maybe you just have the wrong motor mounts! I wouldn't jump to
conclusions. Check the engine number (between the middle two spark plug
wires, just below the head) against the list in a Moss Motors or Victoria
British catalog. Could be a lot cheaper...

'66 B

Max Heim
mvheim@studiolimage.com
650-329-9905, 650-329-9929 fax