Re: Special License Plates

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Special License Plates
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 09:55:46 EDT
  In CT, the benefit is that registration with "Early American" plates,
which actually incorporates any vehicle age 25 or older, limits the Town
assessment to $500. The mill rate is applied to the $500 instead of the
value that the assessor would otherwise apply.  For some time this made
little difference on my TD's taxes, but then suddenly the assessor got a
new book and taxes doubled in one year, then doubled again.  It was off
to the registration agency to get EA plates.
  Though I have not seen the rule in writing, the staffer at registration
explained to me that there is no restriction on the use of the EA
registration cars. The cost of the EA registration is the same as for
regular vehicles; the savings is in taxes.
Bob