building a B engine

Subject: building a B engine
From: Tyson Sherman <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 22:52:55 -0500
It took me ten hours of the day (including leaving five times and eating
twice) but I FINALLY got my 76 B's engine assembled today. Well, most of
it.  I did what I could before I get it off of the stand (rear engine
plate, flywheel, clutch).  The bottom end is back together, oil pump,
sump, front cover, timing gear, head, etc.  I must install the
distributor and rear stuff.  I hope to have the car running again in a
week. I still must put new gaskets in the transmission, repaint the
engine compartment/engine (going w/red this time I think), and wait on
the clutch alignment tool and engine mounts to arrive.  Everyone pray
that this engine actually works after all I've done to it!!!  Oh yeah, I
made sure that the oil pres. relief valve (the entire cause for this
work) slid in and out VERY easily, and did it many times :)

--
Tyson Sherman
http://www.tecinfo.com/~tsherman