Re: xtend - what is it good for?

To: hicks@mohawk.net (Hicks)
Subject: Re: xtend - what is it good for?
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 22:28:30 -0400 (EDT)
I used Extend on my Midget 5 years ago, in a couple areas where the top
snaps on in back, but sanded off all the visible rust first.  The areas
have held up well so far.

I can't say from personal experience that it stops rust if you just
scrape off the loose stuff and leave the rest, but I've been told it
will slow it down a little.  It might be something you'd want to do if
you have to put off the bodywork 'til next year.  It would probably be
better than just doing nothing, but certainly wouldn't be a permanent
fix.

-NORY

Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
ONLY problem.

 '71 5-speed Midget (my new baby)
 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger
 '86 Ford Escort
 '89 Ford Probe
 '96 North American Shepherd
 '94 Tigger Cat/Wheel Chock
 '98 as yet nameless white cat (Yes!     Another wheel chock!)

Car pages and other stuff:

Home Improvement Homepage:
http://www.angelfire.com/ny/nory

NEW Legal / Law Enforcement Page: