Re: looking at an mgb... (cont.)

To: Sam Snow <snowsam@mail.auburn.edu>,
Subject: Re: looking at an mgb... (cont.)
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 15:47:50 -0400
Sam Snow wrote:
> > >Needs a tune up (I think)
> > Used car needing a tuneup = burnt valve.
>
> It runs well.... just it isn't the smoothest engine I've seen.  Present
> owner bought it 4 months ago... put new plugs in, that's all engine wise.

  Once the negotiation gets serious and you get near a "good price",
attempt to tune it up right where it sits and decide on the results.

  A tuneup is straightforward and quick if you can find somebody
nearby who'll come out.

  You don't want to do the tuneup TOO early since if it makes the
car run really well he might look for other sellers or a higher
price!

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/