Re: Swaps

To: bkrueger@ici.net
Subject: Re: Swaps
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 11:18:49 EDT
In a message dated 98-07-04 22:57:43 EDT, bkrueger@ici.net writes:

> I believe that there is a real need to try to preserve more of these
> machines in
>  their as-the-factory-may-have-done-them state as we can reasonably do so.

Bud,

I don't disagree with you at all in principle. The only disagreement we may
have is in the numbers required to be preserved. As I stated in my previous
post, I do feel that a number of them need to be preserved for posterity. I
wouldn't even begin to try to guestimate what the correct number would be.

As for butchering them, I am turned off by seeing even as ubiquitous a model
as the Chevy Caprice butchered. If well enough done, even an MG with an engine
swap can be representative of the marque.

Dan Masters,.
Alcoa, TN