Re: B problem -Reply

To: William Schooler <WSchooler@hcfa.gov>
Subject: Re: B problem -Reply
From: John Fredrikson <jtfred@on134th.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 08:52:21 -0400
Well, the fuel lines checked out OK. There weren't any kinks. I disconnected the
vent lines (the ones that connect from the carbs to the charcoal canister) and
it
started and ran fine. There was a kink in the vent hose from the carbs
(HIF-4's) to
the canister so I replaced the line. I still could not get it to run for more
than
30 seconds. By adjusting the carbs I was able to get it to idle (roughly)
eventually, but when I reved it up to about 3500 RPM it would die. When I
disconnect
the vent lines I am able to get a decent idle. How exactly are the vent lines
supposed to be connected? Is there another way I should try to connect them? I'm
open for suggestions (except if they involve a Webber purchase.....for now).

Thanks,
Fred