Re: Disregard for Pollution Control Standards

To: pbailey@qnet.com (IPM Return Requested)
Subject: Re: Disregard for Pollution Control Standards
From: William Elliott <William.Elliott@mail.mei.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 11:11:07 -0500
It's only going to get worse.

Did you see the VP on TV recently?  Used stats showing the past decade is the
warmest on record.  Then said that confirmed "global warming" and the need for
even tighter regulations.

I don't want to get into a global warming debate (because frankly I don't have
access to enough real data to have an informed opinion), but it doesn't take a
rocket scientist to see that a short-term statistic means nothing over a long
period.  We may have just had a record warm decade in the midst of a long-term
cooling trend!

Until true science, unencumbered by money or politics, is used to established
rational policy, such idiocy is bound to continue.  In other words, no end in
sight.  (This is _not_ just a US problem; the same thing happens all over the
world!)  If you try to fight it (or even reason with its proponents), you get
labeled as "pro-pollution" or "anti-clean water".

It _IS_ all about money and power, not science.

I'll put my soapbox away and go back to work now.

Bill Elliott